Dive Master Course
$1800 - $2800
Take the first step in your dive career and become a Divemaster. Working closely with an Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Note: 12 week internships are available for the right applicant at a reduced rate. Please contact Paihia Dive for details.
What can Dive Masters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist Instructors with students
- Lead Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify Skin Divers
- Teach Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What Do I Need to Start?
- Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Rescue Diver certification
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 40 logged dives
- 18 years old
What Will I Do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organisational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How Long Will it Take?
This varies from student to student. We typically see the Dive Master program completed between four weeks to three months.
What Course Materials are Required?
The following materials are required unless they are unavailable in a language understood by the student diver.
- Divemaster Manual
*Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) – all three versions (Table, Wheel and eRDP including associated Instructions for Use booklets) The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for the programs that may be conducted by Divemasters.
If you have never dived before, this is the experience for you! Join our instructors on a day trip out into the Bay of Islands and discover diving.
Your first step into the world of recreational diving! Whether you want to dive with us in the beautiful Bay of Islands, or in any of the world’s other amazing dive locations, your PADI Open Water certification is the ticket you need.
ADVANCED OPEN WATER
Improve your diving skills with the next step in recreational diving and include both The Rainbow Warrior and The Canterbury wreck dives as part of your course!
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
If you want to learn more about a particular side of diving or if you’re working towards the Master Scuba Diver rating then this will be your next step. Each specialty can normally be completed in 1-3 days.
$1800 - $2800
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional.
Our refresher day trip is a great way to get back into diving under the supervision of our amazing instructors.
Before diving with Paihia Dive please have a look at our Understanding The Risks form, as this will need to be completed before joining any of our trips. If you are doing any dive training including Discover Scuba Dives or refreshers, please have a look at our Medical Form, if required you may need to get your doctor to sign you off as fit to dive, before completing the activity.